Collection and Cryopreservation
Throughout the process, we use the latest scientific advances and cutting-edge technology to provide you with various processing options for blood and umbilical cord tissue samples. At the same time, and free of charge, parallel bank benefits are a plus for every family.
The parallel bank allows a set of special tests, such as: diagnosis of hemoglobinopathies, genetic tests, serological analyzes, characterization of the HLA profile or the ABO and Rh blood group of the baby, avoiding the use of the stored stem cells sample.
Cord Blood Processing
Umbilical cord blood is stored in highly resistant two-compartment cryobags for 25 years. Nowadays, keeping these samples allows you to treat more than 80 diseases.
AXP Automatic Method
BebéVida uses the AXP Automatic method for blood samples processing. This is the most efficient processing method for cell recovery and is used by the largest and most reputable blood banks worldwide.
The main advantages of AXP Automatic Processing are:
- Less likely to make mistakes during processing;
- Closed system with no possibility of contamination;
- Adequate system in banks that process a high number of samples and thus ensure reproducibility;
- They ensure the highest rates of cell recovery (TNC, MNC. CD34 +);
- Allows washing of cryoprotectant cells before clinical use
Importance of a Low Percentage of Hematocrit
In addition to being more efficient in cell recovery, AXP guarantees a reduced hematocrit level.
A low hematocrit level in cord blood processing ensures:
- Minor complications in transplantation;
- Less risk of cell damage during cryopreservation and thawing.
Umbilical Cord Tissue
The cord tissue processing is carried out through an innovative and exclusive method. Non-toxic cryoprotectants are used, protecting the cells from the ice crystals that are formed during the cooling process.
These methologies allow us to obtain a larger number of cells for therapy and guarantees the cryopreservation of mesenchymal stem cells without compromising the remaining cells present in cord tissue, such as endothelial cells.